4/22/2010

Thing #23

Well this is the end of the 23 things but the beginning of Web 2.0 Learning.

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
My favorite exercises was definitely learning how to use PhotoStory 3. There is movie maker and imovie and power points but this is so different. It's so multimedia! This is the kind of tool I would use to let students express themselves with their writing. I posted my first youtube video using PhotoStory 3.

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
This process has let me know that there is alot of free tools on the internet. Free stuff besides worksheets, worksheet makers and games. There are programs online that can actually help the students learn in a better way.

Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
Rollyo was an unexpected surprise. I'm still learning about this searchroll and I know it would be helpful when I want to control the sites my students go to. Also, I didn't know about OpenOffice. I want to learn how to use this online suite. Students would not need to have a computer at home to learn how to work on a spreadsheet or learn to do desktop publishing.

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
I think the format that was used was a good one. Each lesson was able to executed without teacher instruction. I would probably just list the Web 2.0 applications so you can first go to the ones you are used to, to get them out the way then concentrate on the apps you are not familiar with doing.

If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?
I would like to participate in another experience like this one. I have really learned alot. These tools are helpful to the teacher who wants to incorporate different ways of producing outcomes of learning. Also with the bookmarking sites, teachers will have connections with other teachers all over the district especially with a district as huge as HISD.

How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities?
I'm not going to say awesome! This experience was eyeopening to the possibilities of internet resources teachers have to use.

Now go and comment on some of the other Players' blogs?
I will.

1 comment: